So remember how making a good impression on the person you're dating is pretty much the most important thing in the world? Well our relationship was no exception. My sister was the one that was setting us up and we were both skeptical about the whole situation. We of course Facebook stalked each other and even communicated a little bit before we actually met. We didn't chat much, just the basic get to know you questions that everyone is used to. That's how I found out that my wife was, "Way big into the outdoors." And that she loved sports.
Hopefully this will explain a bit about why our first three dates consisted of ice skating, tubing, and paintballing. I mean, she sounded really adventurous. As it turns out, Shannon had never actually done any of these things. I can only imagine what both she and her family were thinking about this crazy kid that apparently didn't know what a normal date consisted of. After ice skating Shannon was completely bruised up and down her left side from falling on the ice, she just about froze while tubing down the Provo river, and she was not only bruised, but also bleeding from her first paintballing experience.
It's amazing what we go through sometimes to make a good impression.

On another funny note, just a couple of weeks into our dating escapades, we dropped by the grocery store to pick up some things to make dinner. As we were walking through the store I noticed something funny on the back of Shannon's pants. After a second inspection I realized that it wasn't actually something ON her pants, but rather that part of her pants were missing. That's right, she had a rather large whole on the inside of her left butt pocket. Two weeks into dating and I get the privelege of letting my date know that she has a rather embarassing hole in her pants. Well she of course flushed a deep red and we headed back to her place to let her change. She was so cute as she tried to play it off like it wasn't a big deal. Impressions are everything.

No comments:
Post a Comment