Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dating Life...

Shannon and I quickly began our dating life.  Nothing too serious of course, but we were having fun.  The day after our first date I took her tubing down the Provo River with a group of my friends.  She froze the entire time and pretty much just tried to stay out of the water as much as possible.  Due to her falling behind as we went down the river, we held hands for the first time so that we wouldn't get separated.

The next couple weeks were a whirlwind of excitement.  Making brownies, long walks, paintballing, rollerblading, hiking, spelunking, and of course the occasional kiss.  Incredibly, we were still both dating other people, but would get together everyday to hang out.

After only a month or so Shannon began to say some funny things that made me realize that we were starting to get serious.  For instance, we were talking about the fact that I had some grey hairs and Shannon thought it was hilarious.  I said something to the effect of, "Well I guess that I'm just going to be a hot old man then." She quickly responded, "A hot old man with a hot young wife.  Cause I'm going to look good."  And then there was a long awkward pause as it sunk in with both of us what she had just said.  "A hot young wife..."  Was she seriously thinking about marriage already?

Then about a week later we were driving down the road and saw someone drive past on a scooter.  I mentioned how I had always thought it would be fun to have one and she responded, "Yeah, we should totally buy one."  Once again there was silence...  We?  How could WE buy a scooter?  There still wasn't officially a WE.  WE were still both dating other people.  But I just took it as something funny and didn't worry about it.  Girls say the silliest things sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment