Sunday, January 23, 2011

How I Met Your Mother...

Aside from being an awesome TV show, I think writing down how I met my wife is probably a good idea.  You know, for posterities' sake. 

I had already served a mission in Cincinnati, Ohio and was attending Brigham Young University.  I had a sister (Tami) that lived in Memphis, TN and she was insistent that I meet up with a girl that would be coming out to BYU in the fall.  The first step for us was to make Facebook contact.  We perused through each others photos and tried to decide whether or not it would even be worth it to hang out.

This picture is from our first date at Peaks Arena
I was a little bit skeptical of the whole blind date thing, but decided to trust my sisters judgment and give it a try.  Plus, I promised my sister that I would go out with her atleast twice to give her a fair shot.  Little did I know that my future wife had already declared to her friends that I was the man she was going to marry.  Creepy....  Anyways, when she got into town I asked her out on our first date and I showed up in a short sleeved shirt and a baseball hat.  From her dorm window Shannon was watching for me with her friends and quickly changed clothes so as to not be over dressed.

Our first date went relatively well.  We grabbed some Panda Express, then headed over to the ice skating rink, followed by 50 cent ice cream cones at Maceys, and finished off with a walk along the Provo River.  Shannon still doesn't believe me to this day, but I was suprised by how much fun I had.  I knew we needed to hang out again...

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, after reading these it sounds like a good idea to write the beginning of dating down.

    ReplyDelete