Things around our home are great! We were able to go to California over Christmas break to see Adam's family. Also, Debbie and Becky got married. Debbie was on the 27th, with a joint reception that night. And Becky was married on the 28th. It was a crazy, but very fun couple of days. We were so glad we got to be there to celebrate with them and enjoy a week of warm weather! The last day we were there we went to the beach. It was so nice!
Adam has been busy with his calling. He is the 2nd counselor in the Young Men's presidency. He works with the deacons and loves it. He is also coaching there basketball team. They are in the middle of their "season" and they haven't lost yet! He is also playing for the men's team and they haven't lost either. Adam loves it. Work is also busy for him. He is starting to bring in his own business which is really exciting. Dad bought season tickets for the Grizzlies that are mainly for work purposes so Adam and I have been able to go several times with clients and it's so fun! Peyton loves going too.
Peyton has also somehow learned how to use a straw. She's just hanging out in her Grizz gear watching the game and drinking her drink.
Peyton is crawling everywhere now. She just turned 9 months last weekend and she also got her 2nd tooth in last weekend. She can pull herself up to the standing position on almost anything. I always find her standing on the rail in her crib these days. She has started watching Baby Einstein's this past week and she thinks it is so funny! She just sits in front of the screen and laughs. I love it. She is starting to get such a personality. She loves to act like a ham if people are smiling or laughing at her; she puts on a little show. She also loves to play peek-a-boo and eat any grown-up food she can get her hands on. She loves bath time, but surprisingly is scared of the shower. She cries when I get in the shower in the mornings, so we're trying to work on that right now...
I just received a calling about 3 weeks ago. I'm the 7 year old primary teacher. I was worried about it at first, but it has turned out to be so fun! I have been doing a lot of crafts around the house lately. They keep me busy and I actually really enjoy it. I've also been branching out on my cooking, which is definitely a challenge. And hopefully now I am going to try and work on the blog! I want to start carrying around my real camera with me instead of using my phone so here's hoping the pictures are better in the future. Until next time!
-Shannon





No comments:
Post a Comment