Sunday, March 27, 2011

Valentine's Day

So your first Valentine's Day is supposed to be special.  Everything is supposed to be perfect.  After careful planning I knew that I had the perfect date planned and that she would love it.

We hopped in the truck and drove up the canyon to a secluded lake where we could be alone.  It was going to be so romantic cuddled together in blankets, looking over the lake with a light snow falling.  Strike #1: Snowplows had come through and made a huge embankment between us and the lake.  No beautiful view.

But that didn't matter because we still had the picnic I had planned with hot apple cider.  Things were perfect as we sat eating our food and just enjoyed being together.  Strike #2:  The next thing we know spotlights are on the truck and two officers are walking towards us.  After checking to make sure that we hadn't been drinking, and completing killing any romance we might have had, they headed on their way.

But that still didn't matter because I had an awesome dessert of chocolate covered strawberries hiding in a cooler.  Strike #3:  Shannon was REALLY excited about the present she had gotten me. . .  Chocolate covered strawberries!  While I thought I had the perfect dessert, all I had actually done was ruined Shannon's surprise for me.

Three strikes. I couldn't think of anyway for things to have gone worse. 

But in the end, none of that stuff mattered.  It was a Valentine's Day that neither of us will ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment