Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Bonfire, A Rose, Hidden Ice Cream, and a Ring

As I mentioned. I had already bought the ring, but was in no hurry to actually pop the big question.  That is, I THOUGHT I was in no hurry.  The moment I had the ring in my possesion, everything changed.  I became anxious whenever I was with Shannon.  I found myself strangely giddy and dare I say, twitter-pated.  After only two days of having the ring I changed my plans and we scheduled a trip vto California for that very weekend.

We drove down to my families home on Friday, January 15th.  Shannon had never been to California and had never had a bonfire on the beach before. I invited all of my family to go with us and we had an awesome night of roasting hot dogs and marshmallows on the beach with waves crashing in the background. 

After we had eaten I asked Shannon if she wanted to go for a walk down to the Pier with me.  When we were nearly to the Pier I stopped at the closest lifeguard tower and began digging underneath.  Shannon was perplexed, but looked on anxiously.  After just a minute of digging I pulled out a cooler containing Shannon's favorite ice cream.  With the cooler in hand we continued our walk out onto the Pier.

Sitting on a random bench we sat and ate our ice cream while looking out over the water.  Perfection.  When we were done eating I reached under our bench and pulled out a rose that had been taped underneath.  Unable to contain myself anymore, I handed her the rose and got down on one knee.  I told her that she was the most important person in the world to me and that I never wanted to lose her.  Then as I pulled the ring from my pocket I said, "Shannon Paige Powell, will you marry me?"

After some hugs, crying, and kissing, we headed back to the fire to announce the big news. 

Special credit to Tami for setting up the flower and ice cream! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment