I knew that I wanted to marry Shannon. I had already talked to her father. All that was left now was to get the ring and pop the big question.
While I knew that we were going to get married, I wasn't in any hurry to pop the question. I mean, it was only January, and we knew that we wouldn't be getting married until the summer anyways. Regardless, I decided to start ring shopping so that I could make sure I found the right one. I grabbed my brother Jim (who had already been through this process) and we started hitting up stores. Who knew that there were so many different kinds of rings?
On our third day of looking and what had to be our 7th or 8th store, I found it. It was a really unique ring, but elegant enough that people wouldn't think it was weird. The only problem was, I wasn't in a hurry to buy it. But... it was definitely the ring that I wanted and I figured that if I bought it then, I could always hold onto it for a month until I was ready to pop the question. That decided it. I put the money down right then and 5 days later the ring was in my pocket.
Only at that point did I realize that having the ring in my pocket changed everything. It quickly began to burn a hole in my pocket...
No comments:
Post a Comment